This scrappy, 2-year-old shih tzu/terrier mix with the adorable underbite had a rough start in life—but won the doggie lottery when he was rescued from a Memphis, Tennessee rescue by our own Dr. Clark.
Sadly, Memphis suffered abuse in his past and was heartworm positive. Lucky for him, he caught the eye of a caring vet who is currently treating him for the heartworm infection and giving him the love and attention he deserves.
Memphis is living proof that heartworm is a very prevalent and life-threatening danger for dogs in our region of the country. Please don’t let your dog’s heartworm protection lapse—one mosquito bite is all it takes to transmit this nasty parasite, and symptoms often don’t appear until the disease is advanced. If you’d like to know more about the many options for heartworm protection we carry at Southwoods, call us at 336-303-4160.